Name:
Location: Quezon City, Philippines

Married to a wonderful wife

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Chicken or the Egg!

Most players online know how to play poker on the get go so there really is no need for an adjustment period transitioning from live play to online play. I Started playing online with turbo's. Always keeping track of the blinds compared to the stacks of everyone, especially my stack. Pareng Harrington calls it the "M". lol

Now after about 3 weeks of playing 5 minute blinds I move up to a higher buy-in tourney and longer blinds (10 mins). What I found is I am able to adjust better because I am used to the fast blinds and now with the longer blinds, there is more room to "play". I am not under pressure from anyone. There have been times were I would get as low as x10 of the blinds on the second level and still come back. Of course there are a lot of times when beats happen and that is just poker.

Why do I post this, I ask other players out there to give feedback to new players interested in transitioning online. Is it better to start with turbo's then move to regular tourneys (10 or 15 minute blinds) or is it better to start with the long blinds?

For me it worked well that I started with turbo's. I was able to adjust better. I still play turbo's once in a while just to make sure that I can still hang with the "turbo" grinders!

Good game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home