Name:
Location: Quezon City, Philippines

Married to a wonderful wife

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Playing when tired...

I decide to play poker after a really long day at work and you know it. Not a good combination. fatigue and stress, not good for your poker skills. I played approximately 16 games because I wanted to catch my ROI back since I was in a very bad streak.

First game I finished seventh because i get turned... Ks vs 9s and a 9 on the turn. No, it was not an all in pre-flop. Flop no As then he pushed. Pre-flop he called, then on the flop he pushed. I knew I was ahead. The next 3 games after, still nothing. Then I take 1st, then 3rd then nothing again for 2 games, then 1st again. After this though I had a drought for another 4 games. The last four games is significant because I played a 10+1. OUCH. I decide to stop and rest.

I go to work and after work, although tempting. I decide to rest instead of playing. Woke up fresh and bam... I play 3 games. 2=3+.4 and 1=6+.5. I take 1st on all 3.

Now I am at 12% roi... sometimes it happens.

Lesson - make sure you are well rested when you play.

Good game.

4 Comments:

Blogger 11Finger said...

Don't worry too much about your ROI, it's gonna go up and down as you go along. What's important is that you are making the right decisions. And yeah don't play poker when you're tired, angry, irritated or sad - almost equivalent to being on tilt...

1:18 AM  
Blogger ivegotdnuts said...

Yup I with you on that one, tired = stress = losing = more stress...

Play when you're focused and well-rested. I see you do early morning sets, that's good.

Remember SnGs are about volume, screw the DAILY RESULTS... play a lot...if you get 2 or 3 outer-ed that's a good sign, coz you're doing the right thing. Just keep playing

there are times that people have 300 games and are negative but after hitting the 600-1000 sng mark become profitable, longterm bro.

then thats the time you sit back, look at your results and :)

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the advice. I will do that. I will keep the long term in mind as well as keep in mind that i am making the right decisions. that is what counts!

Consistency. That is correct!

Ariel

10:05 AM  
Blogger GameFrog said...

Volume? Hmmmm maybe I should start teaching our maids to play 8 hours straight.....

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home