Name:
Location: Quezon City, Philippines

Married to a wonderful wife

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Hand Selection

I need to plug up some holes in my game and what I found out is that my hand selection is too loose in the beginning of the SNG and too tight when the blinds are high. This is completely contrary to the advice given by MNLGrind and GameFrog. Seeing this, I will keep you all posted on what happens. Recently I have hit a downward trend on my ROI. Hope this breakthrough changes it.

I want to mention another concept given by Phil Gordon... "it takes a better hand to call with than to bet with". I bring this up because I have also noticed that in my game, I have had a lot situations where I end up calling a re-raised hand and end up being behind! This is something else that I need to work on.

Good game.

2 Comments:

Blogger ivegotdnuts said...

Tight is SUPER right... :)

11:43 AM  
Blogger GameFrog said...

Well actually not completely contrary. Its ok to be loose ng konti sa start when you are going fishing... (pps suited connectors in LP)

But yeah I would say in SnG play tight sa start and looser at the end is the way to go.

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home