Name:
Location: Quezon City, Philippines

Married to a wonderful wife

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Head hunter tourney...

Played a headhunter tourney and lost with pocket A's. Oh well, what can I say. Went up agains K3 and she hit two pairs... Yes, I did raise it pre-flop. She said she would play it cause it is her favorite! LOL.

Afterwards, since I was only playing for about 30 mins... I played the cash game. Played for about 5 hours and managed to eck out a little profit. Cards were not nice the whole night but after about 4 hours of waiting it changed I was able to double up twice to win back the loses that I had before.

Analize this hand...

Pre-flop. No raises - cash game. My hand is AQ, dealer button (No luck that is why I just called) 5 players!

Flop - 752 rainbow...

Turn - 9

River - 4

What type of bet would force you to release the hand? Pot size on the flop, turn or river?

You know who won? Me... nobody hit anything.

Good game.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

With AQ and button position, I would have been the one to bet that flop...noone would have seen the turn or the river :)

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is good. I didnt think about betting it. LOL.

Ariel

6:32 PM  
Blogger 11Finger said...

That's funny cause I just lost aces vs K3 a while ago, guy called my re-raise with K-3 sooooted, two hearts on board I push he calls and he catches runner runner two pair. Ouch...

As for the AQ, raise before the flop would have been good too... You had position and a decent hand... Sometimes if I have a stack of 30x BB or less I go all in here, a lot of times people think you're making a move and call with Ace rag...

AQ vs 5 limpers could get you in trouble with innocent looking flops like Q-8-3, what you gonna do when someone plays back at you?

12:59 AM  
Blogger ivegotdnuts said...

Raise PF almost 95% of the time, THEN c-bet w position. Since you din't raise it, you weren't interested in playing the pot anyway so standard check-fold :)

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cash game.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home