Name:
Location: Quezon City, Philippines

Married to a wonderful wife

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Cashed out...

So I cashed out of Poker Stars... I will just wait for the money and then maybe open one up at full tilt. Heard a lot of good things at full tilt. Anyhow, played a couple of tournaments and I didn't place in any of them. Made a couple of mistakes but what can I say... lesson learned.

Something not really discussed... when is a good time to call an all in bet? With that hands... I know if you have AA, KK... its ok. How about AK, AQ, QQ, JJ, 10's. Is it ok to also call with them? I know you also need to take into consideration what as been going on with the other players.

Good game.

4 Comments:

Blogger GameFrog said...

Just the stacks and position really. Early game only AA.

Mid game and you're short then look to go in with pair 10s and above as well as AJ up. HOWEVER, if there is a raise ahead do not go with the trap hands such as AJ and AQ.

Howd you do at Stars? I didnt like it talaga and just stuck with FTP.

8:27 PM  
Blogger 11Finger said...

I'm thinking of moving out of Stars too (at least just for the SNG). I'm hovering between barely winning to losing in the SNG's. Seems everyone in Stars have the same SNG strategy LOL... it hasn't been uncommon to get to 50-100 blinds with 8 players left...

10:21 PM  
Blogger ivegotdnuts said...

Ariel,

Post hands, that you want to call all-ins with... so that you can get more feedback.

Usually when the blinds are 50-100 and your stack is around 1000-1200. Insta-call with TT-AA and AK. (AQs and SOMETIMES AJs when 4-5 handed.)

I'd prefer pushing than calling though...

GL

1:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did good playing at pokerstars... will try live games again and see...

Ariel

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home