Name:
Location: Quezon City, Philippines

Married to a wonderful wife

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Fast Games!

Went around to a poker game and I expected to be waiting for some time because there were still about 6 players playing. The tournament around the 3-4 level and to my surprise I was seated within 15 minutes! Talk about a fast game. I played about 3 games and I monied in one and lost on the other two. Yup, monied on the first tournament. It was kind of wicked too cause I was big stack on two tournaments and when it counted... the "big" tournament. I choked and couldn't deliver. I need to work on that!

Anyhow, here are some hands that i played in the tournaments: (AK, AQ and AJ didn't work for me but 7, 3...)

I had AQo on the big blind and I get a raise from under the gun. I think about it for about 2 minutes and I push all in, about 4-6 times more than she had in the pot. She called and I show my hand... she shows her AJ suited. Pre-flop ... 67% to 27%...

Flop - 8,10,k - she calls for a Q... after the flop 71% to 12%

turn - Q - now I am behind... 6% to 86%

river - Q...

Heres another hand... same table...

I raise with pocket tens and I get one caller...

Flop - 9, 2, 2 rainbow - one player bets... I go all in. I get a quick call. He shows me his 9, Q spades...

Turn... spades

river... spades.... YIKES!

But I still remember one hand that made me the big stack...

I am under the gun and I saw 7d3d... i call.

Everyone calls!

Flop - 7,7,3 - dream flop!

I check... everyone checks.

Turn - king - small blind bets x6 of the big blind, big blind folds, I call and we get another 2 callers.

River - 8 - small blind bets another x6 and i raise all in... he thinks about it and then calls and shows me a 7,Q... I show my 7,3. Nice flop! After that, it was really though... got some really big bad beats.

Back to square one. Good game everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home