Name:
Location: Quezon City, Philippines

Married to a wonderful wife

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

You should call that...

I played a nice game the other day and I just noticed something that bothered me. A couple of players were probably not aware that telling someone what to do while they are not in a hand and other people are still in one is wrong. You never see it in the WPT so I am wondering where they learned it.

This is what happened... I was on the small blind and the big blind has been playing really tight, and our stacks are almost even, 6000+. I covered him by less than a hundred. The blinds are 500-1000 and there are only 5 of us left. Everyone folds and it is up to me, I push. The person to my right says, "you should call that." The big blind thinks about it for a minute and pushes as well. What do you think, was it wrong for the player that was not in the hand to say something that could influence the decision of the person who needed to call? If you are just starting to learn the rules, learn it! If you are not in the hand, shut up! Talk as much as you want after.

I admit that I made a mistake by pushing, I thought he would have folded. Anyhow, I bust 5th with no money. Oh well, lesson learned.

Good game. Till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home