Name:
Location: Quezon City, Philippines

Married to a wonderful wife

Saturday, June 24, 2006

ACF5k+1K

Another successful tournament! Good job for the organizers. Just to let you know, we want more tournaments like this daily! Ok, maybe 1K+200 is good for a daily tournament.

Thought I wasn't going to make it but lucky the tournament started filipino time!

Started out the tournament with the usual players about 70+ players willing to duke it out for the coveted bracelet. Even had a featured table. Oddly enought this featured table yielded the most players out within 2 rounds.

Like usual I play my hand as I see that I might get lucky and I did get lucky a couple of times. Here are a couple of hands...

Pocket Q's, dealer raises times 3 of the blinds and we get one caller then me. I call and another player behind me calls.

Flop - A, K, 8. Everyone checks

Turn - blank... pre flop raiser bets 3k. Everyone folds and I think about it for some time and I call. Don't ask me why, I just did.

River - blank... I check and the pre-flop raiser checks... He shows an A, 10. Ok, so I didn't get lucky.

Here's another one...

I push, about 3200 left in my stack with AJ off, I get one caller with pocket 7's. I get lucky this time around and I double up. They move me to another table.

AQ off, I push with about 7k left in my stack, blinds are 500-1000. No callers. Next hand I get pocket 6's. I don't want any callers so I push. The big blind looks at his cards and thinks about it... he says... "CALL"...

I show my 6's and he shows his 8's. The flop makes his set. I stand up and there goes my game. Busted mid 20th place. Maybe next time. Funny thing, I busted on the bubble the night before. Can't get lucky everytime.

Good game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home